The main reason to meet with an auto accident attorney in Brooksville, Spring Hill or elsewhere in Hernando County is to assess whether or not you have a valid case and can pursue an injury claim. Of course, the number one goal in an accident injury claim is to recover financial compensation for accident-related injuries and property damage. Understanding the purpose of a consultation can help you prepare the appropriate documents to bring. Bringing the necessary paperwork in to your first meeting can help an injury lawyer determine the full value of your claim.
The Hernando County Auto Accident Attorneys at Whittel & Melton recommend bringing the following documents to your initial consultation:
• A copy of the accident report. Your local police department can assist you with obtaining a copy.
• Copies of medical records, diagnosis and any bills pertaining to the accident injury.
• Your insurance card and policy information.
• Any contact information from the other party. This can include their name, address, driver’s license number, phone number, car registration and insurance information.
• The names and contact information of any witnesses.
• Your detailed summary of the accident.
• Pictures of the crash site, your injury and your car.
• A detailed account of any correspondence you have had with your insurance company.
• Any statements you made to anyone about the accident.
• Lost wages and time lost from work as a result of your auto accident injury.
• Any other information you feel could be relevant to your case.
Throughout the meeting, the attorney may ask you specific and possibly personal questions regarding the accident and your injuries. Always answer honestly so that the attorney can fully understand the situation and guide you in the right direction. Remember, the information you provide plays a fundamental role in your case strategy.
If you have been involved in an auto accident and need help filing a personal injury lawsuit in Spring Hill, Brooksville, Ridge Manor, Weeki Wachee, Hernando Beach or Masaryktown, contact the Hernando County Auto Accident Attorneys at Whittel & Melton for a complimentary consultation online or call 352-666-2121.